Sunday, December 03, 2006

Goodbye Luther

Luther, my beloved car will soon belong to another. For three years I've traveled west and east in his friendly black leather confines.

As I drove away from the dealership my Dad told me "Yeah, all you need now is a wife and two kids." Very funny. If practicality is stylish, Luther was epitome of chic.

He soon earned his name from being a practical, hardworking German commoner.

Our low ebb was when I drained his transmission fluid by accident. Twice.

He followed me to Virginia, courtesy of my parents, last winter and has taken me to many a monument and Civil War battlefield in the intervening months.

I'll miss the monk, but he won't be lost forever. He's going to my close friend Donnell, so he goes in the hope that there may be a reunion sometime in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home