Sunday, December 30, 2007

Special Times part III

After a hairy drive from SW Washington to NW Oregon (my mother harassing me to stay awake as I piloted the Honda to Corvallis) we were blessed to visit Mrs. Klausli. A Perry family friend for forty years, Mrs K moved to Corvallis six years ago to be near her daughter's family.

Talking to Mrs K is like having a conversation with a Christian bookstore. The depth of thought and the wisdom she shares is riveting. It was so special for mother and I to spend time with this saint. The redness in my eyes was from quick tears at the knowledge that it would likely be several more years before I would again see this special lady.

And so, after a tasty breakfast at Elmer's, and we were back on the road. This time headed north...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home